A wine with a story and, after many years, nearly a history…. a wine which embodies friendship, history of Etna, territorial respect, personal vision of both Sandro and myself, endless exchanges on wine, numerous and profound tastings, …… This is wine represents a local tradition of harvesting, when all family members and friends are available, and not necessarily when the grapes are absolutely perfect. Sandro’s harvest represents a relaxing moment during our stressful harvest as it simply is a party, with lots of wine, food and friends.
These bottles can be found only and exclusively at my friend’s restaurant in Solicchiata:

Osteria CAVE OX
Sandro Dibella
Via Nazionale, 159 (frazione Solicchiata)
IT 95012 Castiglione di Sicilia (CT)

Rosso di Sandro

Region: Etna, Northern valley
Location: frazione Solicchiata, comune of Castiglione di Sicilia
Vineyard: contrada Muganazze
Exposure: North
Elevation: 610m. asl
Varietal: Nerello Mascalese 80%, the remaining 20% is a mix of ancient varietals of which white grapes are the main part
Average age of vines: 50+ years
Vinification: Destemming and light crushing of the grapes
Fermentation: starting with a “pied-de-cuve” using only indigenous yeasts and skin contact for about 20 days
Aging: In epoxy coated anfora of 400 liters for 6 months
Fining: No
Filtering: Before bottling with cartridges PP of 5 micron
Sulphur: values can vary from 15 to 50 mg/l., added or not, depending on the quality of grapes and stability of the wine.
Annual production: approx. 500 bottles
First vintage: 2010
Denomination: Vino Rosso
Bottle type: Transparent burgundy bottle
Available sizes: 750ML
Recommended stemware: Zalto Universal

HOW TO RECYCLE: please verify in your town of residence the correct recycling instructions and separate all possible components accordingly. We suggest to re-use rather than recycle wherever possible; obviously without counterfeiting…
Bottle: in glass-recycling;
Closure: Ardeaseal in plastic-recycling; natural cork in organic waste, screw cap in glass-recycling, pouring closure olive oil in plastic recycling
Label: Susucaru in plastic-recycling, MunJebel, Pistemutta and Magma in paper-recycling
Wax cap:  in non-recyclable waste
Case: carton in paper-recycling, wood case  best to be re-used
Palletwood or plastic best to be re-used


Back to our production